A large ship or freighter carrying people, materials, goods or cargo from one port to another is called vessel. Most of the international trade happens through the sea transportation and are equipped with different types of machinery to unload and load the goods and as the trade is through waters. One of the biggest challenges in this kind of transportation is the communication and tracking.
It is important to keep track of the vessel in the course of the journey because anything can happen in the middle of the ocean, and with the advanced technology, it is easy to monitor and track the large carriers. The vessel tracking system is used to monitor the location and position of the ship and other details and it helps in connecting the vessel with other nation’s coastal guards and ships.
Features of the tracking system
These systems give real-time information about the ships and the terminal activities using the internet and with the advancements in the technology, the tracking systems are incorporated with internet connectivity that helps in providing better service. Some of the trending features of the system are,
· It is easy to incorporate it into the existing process and systems
· As it is a web based connectivity, it does not require any additional plug-ins or downloads
· The system has a visual map display and is enabled with Google like search facility.
· It has custom vessel list and is enabled to receive mobile and email messages
· It consists of collaborations and dashboards and has satellite communicators (optional)
Benefits of the vessel tracking system
· Using this system optimizes the use of resource and labor
· The fuel cost is reduced
· It is used to increase the asset efficiency and enhance the customer support
· It also increases and contract compliance
There is a variety of tracking systems available in the naval market and each type of the system has a unique feasibility. Among the different types of the tracking system, the personal GPS tracking solutions is a system is a tracking system that attracts most of the consumers in the naval vessel industry. This system is based on the satellite transmission that is more authentic and effective system. It provides accurate information about the location and position of the vessel and gives the information about the routes making it easy to navigate.